Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Some kind of electrical apparatus

On a recent post, I recall that I that I was avoiding doing "real" work by posting on my blog. I realize now that was unnecessary, and for that, I apologize.

You see, it's a blog. And work avoidance is implied. If I started every entry with a statement on whether I was avoiding work, every entry would begin with "Yes, of course I'm wasting time. It's a blog, isn't it?"

It would be like starting every blog with a report on where I was at the time. "Well, I'm in front of a computer right now, because that's how my blog is published. I'm typing and words are appearing on the screen as I type. Because it's a computer. Which is how the words get from my head to your screen. Through this wonderful mechanism of my brain to my arms to my fingers to the keys to some kind of electrical apparatus that makes words out of my thoughts and transmits them. But different than a phone. Because I talk into that."

Of course, many (well, OK, some) people do blog for a living or to augment other talents. In which case they would reciprocate by typing "I'm getting paid to write this."

Again, I apologize.

No comments: